Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kidney Stones.... Ugh!


So the crampy pains that I have been having for the past couple weeks have been the onset of kidney stones. I woke up Thursday night with the worst pain that I have ever experienced, even worse than when my gallbladder went bad. I know, how healthy am I? Jake made me go into the emergency room that night and they immediately diagnosed kidney stones. They gave me some morphine in my IV that didnt even touch the discomfort. So she gave me a little bit more along with something that would make me sleep. It felt so good! I went home and slept until about 11. I really thought that the pain was gone and that I was through. But.... as soon as I took my pain pills that he prescribed me, I started vomiting them back up. We ended up back in the er last night for the same thing. They did a ct scan and that verified that I did have a kidney stone that was almost to my bladder, but.... there are several more in both kidneys that could start moving. Oh no!! And on top of that, I have a cyst on one of my ovaries.
The pain pills dont seem to stop the pain like the morphine did last night. So I am going to have to lock down and try Donna's magic remedy. You have to drink 72 ounces of coke in two hours and then blend a can of asparagus and drink that at the end. She said that Corey's brother gets kidney stones frequently and does this everytime and it helps.
I would describe the pain as when it feels like you have air in your stomach and its hurts for just a second and then it goes away... except for this pain doesnt just go away. It stays... I hope that I am nearly to the end and that the others dont start moving. The pain pills that he has me taking make me itch like crazy, all over. Its driving me nuts. You feel like you have little ants covering your whole body. Especially my face.
Jake has been so cute. He brought me home some sunflowers, a little panda bear holding some grenades, and a card that says:
He came home from work early yesterday with these things. I am so glad that he did. It was nice to have the company. He is a way sweet guy. I love him!
Well today, we are going to go spend some time with Trav, Haley and Ari at the hospital and then later tonight I am going to a Witches Night Out with my sister. Halloween is by far my most fave holiday! I will definitely post some pictures from that. It will be a blast!



1 comment:

Liz Lane said...

Hope you feel better soon! How awful.