Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend 2010



























































Dona, Corey, Ashley, Linsay, Scott, Mina, Taylor, Jake and I all went ski biking and snowboarding on the saturday before Easter. It was really fun... I guess I cant really say that Dona, Mina or myself did either ski biking or snowboarding.. we stayed cozy warm in the truck and did the driving. We had alot of fun taking the pictures and watching them all come off of the mountain at the end. Some of them were really entertaining. Ashley and Linsay both took pretty good crashes at the ends, and I luckily.... :-) got both of them on video. I will figure out how to post them on my blog so that you all can enjoy them as well. It was a great weekend. We havent been to Mount Pleasant for a few months and its always nice to visit and spend time with all that live down there. We had a great breakfast Sunday morning that consisted of belgian waffles with cream cheese sauce, peaches, raspberry syrup and whip cream... crepes that consisted of cream cheese filling and blueberry topping, eggs and bacon. It was delicious.

This Easter Sunday was preceded by a trip to Arizona for Uncle Jerry's funeral. It was nice to yet again see a lot of new faces from Jake's side of the family. Jerry's was a funeral that was full of happiness. There was not lingering sadness. I am sure that it is difficult to lose him as a dear member of the family, but he is in a much greater place, and you could feel that at his funeral. The funeral was given in a very small funeral home, one that was close to the size of the Mount Pleasant house living room and dining room combined. Every bench was full and there were as many people standing in the room as there was sitting. Then... we get done with the wonderful service and go outside, where the entire gravel parking lot is full of people that came to give their respects to Jerry and his family. It was shocking to see how many people got together to say their temporary goodbyes to one person. I was touched by all of the humorous stories that so many people told about their Jerry. My favorite few were the ones about trying to flatten a bolt on a train track and actually succeeding in derailing the big train. And then avoiding law enforcement about the incident after... so cute. And then another was one about not having an actual birth certificate that states his real name, his real birthdate, and his real birth place on the same sheet. All of these stories were nice to hear so that I could have some rememberance of him since I only met him one time at the family reunion last year in Sierra Vista. I am very looking forward to the reunion this year in California and hope that I will yet again, get to see some new faces, or better yet... some that arent new!

We had a good trip with Dona, Mina, Jaymi and Krew, and Jake and I. It was a long 9 to 10 hour drive, but we managed with alot of snacking, catching up, and snoozing. I am glad that we went. I am thankful that we both have jobs that allowed us to miss a few days. I hope that this will allow those of you that couldnt be there to kind of know what the experience was like.











1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't been sledding in YEARS. I'm excited to take Tobi next year, hopefully he'll like the snow lol!