Friday, February 24, 2012

Ashtyn's Blessing Day



October 9th, 2011
Have you ever seen a more beautiful baby girl?! Ashtyn's blessing day was so good. We had a huge turnout of family and friends. We had the pleasure of having Jake's brother, Travis, bless Ashtyn. This was extra special in that he was able to give Ashtyn her name, Ashtyn Arianna Lane. Travis is the father of a very special little girl that we all lost last year. We have the great honor of naming our little girl after an Angel, Arianna Lane. I will forever be grateful that Travis was willing and able to do this for us.
We had most of both of our families in attendance for her blessing. It was great. After her blessing, we invited everyone to our home and had cupcakes and juice. It was great to visit and mingle with everyone all together.
Ashtyn had a little bit of everyone in her blessing attire. Her beautiful dress was made by Jake's mom, her slip was made by my Grandma Bottema for me when I was blessed (so she had a part of me in her slip,) her booties were made by me, and she had two blessing blankets, one made by my Grandma Coates and the other made by my mom. It was amazing to have that many people contribute to such a gorgeous blessing gown and blankets. I am very appreciative to all who took the time to make such beautiful items. I know that a lot of love and patience went into each piece.























No comments: